Police Beat

Police Beat
Annastashia Goolsby

Oct. 13, 12:13 p.m.
Sitting in a cubicle in the West Wing of the library, a female student left her belongings for five minutes and returned to find them gone. Her textbooks were stolen for a grand total of $130. There were no witnesses.

Oct 14, 5:35 p.m.
Officers received a call from their dispatch of a driver in a school parking lot driving drunk in a Nissan truck. While the driver was pulling out of Lot L officers spotted the vehicle. The mal student was pulled over on Crenshaw and asked by an officer if he had been drinking.
There were four unopened 12 ounce cans of Budweiser among others. The vehicle was searched and a small amount of marijuana was found in the glove box. He was given a citation for possession of alcohol and marijuana on campus. He will also see the school dean.

Oct. 14, 6:55 p.m.
Coming into the Campus Police lobby for a live scan, a man was given more than he expected. He received a citation for a $60,000 warrant he had.

Oct. 17, 4:56 p.m.
Officers saw a driver on Redondo Beach Blvd. with an equipment violation. She said she did not have her license on her and was on probation for assault with a deadly weapon. She gave the officers consent to search her vehicle and they found crack cocaine in her purse while looking for a license.
She was arrested for possession of an illegal substance and giving officers false information.

Oct. 18, 1:26 p.m.
Driving on Redondo Beach Blvd., a driver was pulled over for having a loud exhaust. Officers were given consent to search the vehicle and found a small amount of weed and a pipe. The male was transported to the campus police station. He was given a citation for possession while driving.

Oct. 19, 7 a.m.
On the third floor of the Humanities Building, a male student was having a seizure. Paramedics were called and the student regained consciousness. He was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

Oct. 20, 4 p.m.
An officer was flagged down about a possible stolen vehicle. The male student said he parked his car in Lot L at 7:30 a.m. and returned at 3:52 p.m. to discover it missing. The vehicle did have On Star and officers are looking for further information.