Tour to help aspiring entrepreneurs

Designed to inspire and teach students about starting and running their own businesses, the Extreme Entrepreneurship Tour is coming here on Tuesday, Star Van Buren director of small business said.
The Extreme Entrepreneur Tour is a nationwide event of the California Community Colleges Economic Workforce Development Program.
This month will have a total of 18 stops all over California, including this campus.
“This is the first time we had the opportunity to present this event for students due to an Extreme Entrepreneur Tour grant for the campus,” Van Buren said.
According to the Extreme Entrepreneurships Tour’s official Web site, the tour offers practical advice about how to start a business.
Van Buren also said that event will have a series of keynote speakers, workshops, a chance to hear from a panel that consists of event speakers and local executives with focus on success and leadership.
The Web site also stated that the speakers at the event are young, successful entrepreneurs who will explain their experiences and what lessons they learned in the process.
“The whole purpose of this event is to inspire students to achieve their goals,” Van Buren said.
The Extreme Entrepreneurships Tour Web site also said that the event will include a chance for “Speed networking,” which will give a chance for students to network with other students who share the same vision for business ideas.
The event will open Tuesday at 3 p.m. and last until 8 p.m. in the Marsee Auditorium.
“We wanted to make it a half-day event for students who have classes during the day that wouldn’t be able to make it at a certain time,” Van Buren said.
She said that students should take advantage of this event, because the future of the campus’s budget is still being questioned, so the chances of this event coming here again are slim.
“It’s hard to say at this point if we may be able to have it again,” Van Buren said. “I hope we can have it again because it is a great opportunity for students to learn.”
More than 300 students have already registered online to attend the event. However, Van Buren encourages all students to attend the event.
“This event is open to all students’ not just students who are business majors,” Van Buren said.