Police Beat

Police Beat
Annastashia Goolsby

Sept. 8, 8 p.m.
Officers conducted a routine traffic stop when they observed a driver making an illegal left onto Manhattan Beach Blvd. As they approached the car there was a strong scent of marijuana, they asked the male student if he smokes and if he had any in the car.
The officers were given a consent to search the vehicle and found a small amount of marijuana in the center console and a plastic bong. The student was cited for possession while driving and a notice to appear.

Sept. 9, 9:20 a.m.
A female student left her wallet in a locker in the South gym and returned at 12:30 p.m. to find it missing. She said she put on a lock but did not lock it.

Sept. 9, 12:20 p.m.
Looking at porn on a school computer in the music library, a male subject was found walking away in a parking lot. He was asked if he was looking at porn and he said yes. The subject was given a verbal warning to not appear on campus again.

Sept. 9, 1:14 p.m.
A staff member flagged down an officer due to a vehicle blocking a handicap parking space in Lot H. The driver was found with no proof of car insurance and driving on a suspended license.
The driver was given a citation told to move the vehicle.

Sept. 9, 2:50 p.m.
Officers contacted a subject at the El Camino Police Department with an outstanding warrant. He was immediately transported to the Torrance Police Department.

Sept. 12, 8 a.m.
Paramedics arrived when officers received a medical aid call to the Music Building. She was having seizures and taken to Gardena Memorial Hospital.