Police Beat

September 9, 8:30 a.m.
Staff from the bookstore reported a fraud when a female student tried refunding books that she bought from a closed account. She was found with several checkbooks in her name and others. Officers took her to the police station and gave her a citation to appear.

September 10, 12:59 p.m.
Without playing for a $65 textbook, the bookstore staff reported petty theft. The male student claimed there was no price tag therefore it was free.
He was brought to the campus police station where it turned out he has misdemeanor warrant for $26,000. He was given a citation for theft and the warrant.

September 11, 6:30 a.m.
Groundskeeper called the police station saying there was a male student kicking and breaking the sprinklers. Officers tried to contact him but he was not complying with instructions.
There was a minor struggle and he said he was upset because he just had a quarrel with his father. He was taken into custody for obstruction against an officer and vandalism.

September 11, 1:11 p.m.
A male student came to the police station reporting a hit and run. He parked his car in Lot L at 9 a.m. and returned at 1 p.m. to find the driver side of his 2009 Honda dented.

September 12, 3:11 p.m.
Staggering in front of the child development center, officers contacted a male smelling strongly of alcohol with blood shot eyes. He had a beer in hand and threw it on the side walk.
Officers arrested him for being drunken in public and was taken to the Torrance Police Department.

September 14, 7:30 a.m.
Parked in Lot L, a student returned to his parking space at 11:30 a.m. to find his 2002 Jeep Wrangler stolen.