Police Beat

May 11, 11:38 a.m.
Officer received a medical aid to the auto shop about a student feeling pain in his chest. He was taken to the school health center to find his vital signs were OK. He was recommended to see his personal physician.

May 11, 12:30 p.m.
Parking and locking his Toyota Previa car in Lot L at 10:15 a.m. returned at 12:30 p.m. to find his catalytic converter missing. It seemed to be removed by a cutting device or possible a powered saw.

May 12, 3 p.m.
A traffic stop was done on Manhattan Beach Boulevard and pulled a driver over. Turned out the driver had an outstanding arrest warrant and was cited.

May 12, 4:11 p.m.
Dispatched to the center of campus, officers met with a theft victim. The female student was in the East side if the Student Activity center where she was charging her laptop. She left to use the restroom while her friends were watching her stuff and returned to find the laptop missing. It was considered grand theft and the friends claimed to have seen nothing.

May 12, 9:30 p.m.
Arriving to school at 2 p.m.,parking and locking his car in Lot F, only to find a citation on his windshield at 6 p.m. He states that he remembers placing the daily parking pass in his car. However the emergency brake was up and he never uses it. He discovered his Ipod and camera were missing. There were no signs of forced entry and no suspects.

May 14, 4:18 p.m.
Walking in circles and talking to himself officers approached a subject on the west side of the campus theater. He was dirty, wearing several layers of clothing, homeless, and had not eaten in days. He was considered gravely disabled and taken to Harbor UCLA Medical Center for a 72-hour evaluation.

May 14, 10:40 a.m.
A disturbance call was made to the men’s locker room reporting a male carrying a backpack and that he needed to be contacted and removed. The suspect said he was on probation for grand theft and had marijuana in his pockets. He was cited for less than an ounce and released.