Police Beat

April 22, 2:53 p.m.-A subject with red eyes and smelling of alcohol was found walking by the snack shop and toward the Schaurmann Library, where the officers caught him.
Police tried to detain him, but he became agitated and would not comply with commands.
He was arrested for obstruction of police officer duites and public intoxication.
He claimed he was visiting a friend who works on campus. He was transported to the Torrance Police Department.

April 22, 2:55 p.m.-Due to no front license plate and tinted windows, police officers pulled over a driver in Lot C.
The officers asked if there was anything illegal in the vehicle. The passenger said he had a weed cigarette and was cited for possession of less than one ounce.

April 21, 5:29 p.m.-In the Natural Sciences Building, a medical aid call was made because a male student was having a seizure.
Paramedics were called and he was taken to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

April 21, 7:20 p.m.-Two students were involved in a brief argument before class over a parking space near the Technical Arts Building.
When one student returned to their car at 9:30 p.m., they found that their front and rear driver-side doors had been keyed.

April 20, 10:20 a.m.-Near the Men’s Gym, three male students and one female student were found gambling.
The female had a warrant and was transported to the EC Police Department and recieved a notice to appear in court. She is not allowed on campus. If she returns, she will be arrested for trespassing.
The three students were directed to the dean.

April 19, 11:30 a.m.-A student parked their car in the morning, and at 1:50 p.m., just a few hours later, the student returned to find their car was broken into.
The radio and an LCD TV screen were stolen. There were no witnesses. Fingerprints were taken and the case is still under investigation.

April 18, 10 a.m.-Pushing a utility cart in the south portion of Lot C, two juveniles were detained.
The two said they saw the cart in the parking lot, were bored waiting for their aunt to get out of class and decided to take the cart for a joyride.
There was no key and they could not get it to run, so while one was in the passenger seat, the other was pushing.
They were detained for malicious mischief vandalism and their mother was called.