Police Beat

March 25
Officers called to the Art Building due to a theft report. Two female students sent down their purse on the desk, went to the restroom, and returned 10 minutes later. A cell phone and wallet was missing from one person and just a wallet from the other. The total amount lost was 250 dollars, so keep in mind never leave belongings unattended.

March 26, 10:20 a.m.
In the Communications Building a staff member heard moaning and groaning coming from the ladies restroom so the campus police were called. Upon arrival an officer was sent in and found a female student. She was asked if there was anyone else in the bathroom with her. A male was found in one of the stalls, they did have sexual intercourse, and according to the female they were busy for 20 minutes. The male was cited for entering a bathroom of the opposite sex and both are to see the dean.

March 26, 11:06 a.m.
Lots J and K were being patrolled when an officer pulled over a vehicle with tint in Lot K. The driver was found to have an arrest warrant of $26,000, a small amount of Crystal Meth, and a glass pipe with burnt residue. He was arrested for illegal substance, drug paraphernalia, and transported to the Torrance Police Department.

March 28, 8 p.m.
Having car violations, a vehicle was pulled over on Crenshaw Blvd. As officers approached the smell of marijuana was obvious. The driver said he had some and was cited for possession while driving. He was released with a notice to appear.

March 30, 10:25 a.m.
Due to a panic attack a medical aid call alerted officers to the Social Sciences Building. The female student was shaking but refused to be transported by paramedics and decided to seek her own treatment.

March 30, 9 p.m.
Driving out of Lot F and making an illegal left turn a vehicle was pulled over. A strong scent of marijuana was detected and it was asked if there was any evidence in the car. The passenger said to have had some and she was cited for possession less than an ounce.

March 31, 7 p.m.
A disturbance call was made to the library with two students and a staff member involved. One student did not have a student i.d. and was not permitted to use the computers. The staff asked them to leave but refused. Officers counseled the students and the staff allowed them to come back in and finish their work.