Police Beat

March 4, 8:40 a.m.-A male student with a heart condition fainted during a class in the Art and Behavioral Sciences Building. Officers arrived while he was conscious and breathing and he was sent to Gardena Memorial for further evaluation.

March 4, 12:40 p.m.-A student was walking along the crosswalk of the side road on campus at the south end of Manhattan Beach and Crenshaw boulevards only to get struck by a vehicle rolling through the stop sign. The female student was hit at the knee and managed to only stumble and not completely crash to the ground. The driver pulled over to the side, said “sorry,” and drove off. The suspect was not identified and the student decided to seek medical attention on her own.

March 4, 12:34 p.m.-A student was walking along Artesia and Crenshaw boulevards when a male subject asked to see his cell phone. The student agreed and the suspect turned and walked away. No names were exchanged, but the student said he would be able to recognize the male if he saw him again. The person would be charged with a felony for grand theft.

March 4, 7 p.m.-A police cadet observed a car parked in front of the Campus Police Station to find out that it had more than five parking citations. A boot was placed on the vehicle..

March 4, 7:48 p.m.-Officers were called to the second floor of the Art and Behavioral Science Building where two students were in a dispute with a staff member. Upon arrival, the officer was directed to the second floor of Social Sciences Building to find only one suspect. The male was discovered to have warrants from Ventura County and was charged with a felony.

March 4, 8:21 p.m.-On the second floor of the Mathematics and Computer Sciences Building, a brawl was witnessed between a male student and his ex-girlfriend. The female student had a restraining order placed on her from the boyfriend, which she was violating. She told the officer she was looking for her ex-boyfriend so they could talk about their relationship.
The police issued her a citation and a notice to appear in court.