Police Beat

October 18, 12:30 p.m. – Officers responded to parking Lot L regarding a stolen vehicle. The owner of the vehicle was visiting a swap meet over the weekend and left his vehicle at 11:00 a.m. When he returned at 12:30 p.m., the vehicle was missing. It is a Nissan Sentra.

October 18, 4:10 p.m. – An officer made a routine traffic stop on Manhattan Beach Blvd. The officer discovered that the driver had a warrant for $75,000 and then issued the driver a notice to appear.

October 18, 4:24 p.m. – Officers responded to the track when a male subject lost balance while running and twisted his ankle. The subject refused the aid of paramedics and was released to his mother.

October 17, 8:03 a.m. – An officer conducted a traffic stop in parking Lot A when the driver failed to yield at an intersection. The female driver did not have a license and she was given a citation.

October 17, 9:05 a.m. – When conducting a foot patrol on the EC campus, an officer noticed the scent of marijuana. He asked a subject if he possessed marijuana on his person and the subject handed the officer marijuana. The subject was issued a notice to appear and will face disciplinary action.

October 16, 5:22 a.m. – A vehicle was stopped on north field. The driver had a warrant of $5,000 and was issued a notice to appear.

October 16, 11:20 a.m. – Officers conducted a traffic stop in parking Lot L. The driver had a $2,500 warrant out of LA County and was issued a notice to appear.

October 15, 10:00 a.m. – An officer was patrolling the inner campus and observed two females in a physical altercation. People were gathering around the two females in a crowd. People in the crowed began to get involved and fight as well. Approximately five EC students were arrested for battery on school grounds and processed at the EC Police Department. The students were released with a notice to appear and will face disciplinary action.

October 14, 5:00 p.m. – An officer responded to parking Lot C when vehicles collided. No one was injured and there was minor damage to both vehicles. When one vehicle was pulling out, another one collided with it.