Police Beat

October 13, Wednesday 3:20 p.m.
In the Math and Computer Science Building a laptop was stolen from the faculty office which was unlocked. No suspect was seen or heard and the case is still under investigation.

October 10, Friday 12:10 p.m.
An officer contacted a female in the EC Police Department lobby for a livescan. The females had a $15,000 warrant issued out of the Long Beach Police Department. She was then issued a notice to appear.

October 9, Thursday 3:20 p.m.
An officer conducted a routine traffic stop on Manhattan Beach Boulevard. The driver had an arrest warrant for $5,000 and was issued a notice to appear.

October 8, Wednesday 8:45 a.m.
A cadet was making a random check of handicap placards. The cadet checked a placard and discovered the driver was using his father’s placard. The driver was in the car at the time and when the cadet confiscated the placard he tried to throw the cadet to the ground. The cadet called for assistance and pepper sprayed the driver who left the scene in his car. The police have the driver’s information and are now seeking an arrest warrant for assault and battery.

October 7, Tuesday 2:30 p.m.
A male subject parked a year 2000 Honda at 2:00 p.m. at the upper level of the parking structure. The subject returned at 2:30 p.m. when he discovered his car had been stolen. The Honda had gold rims and a carbon fiber hood. The case is still under investigation.

October 7, Tuesday 1:25 p.m.
Officers responded to parking Lot L in regard to a burglary call. A female subject said she parked her car at 1:00 pm and returned 10 minutes later to discover her car had been broken into. Her work bag was missing and $40 dollars was taken.

October 6, Monday 1:19 p.m.
Officers responded to a dispute between two females in the Business Building. One student was registered at EC and the other attended Cal State Northridge. The dispute was over one of the girls’ previous boyfriend. Sun glasses and a cell phone was damaged as the dispute progressed. One of the girls pulled a knife from her pocket and waved it in a threatening manner. The victim did not want to press charges and only wanted the other girl to pay for the damages to her phone and sunglasses. An arrest warrant was issued for the Cal State Northridge student and the knife was confiscated. There was also an order issued stating that the Cal State Northridge student may not come back to the EC campus.