Police Beat

September 20, 6:50 p.m.
An officer stopped a subject riding a bike on campus. The subject had an arrest warrant for $15, 000 and was issued a notice to appear before court.

September 19, 11:02 a.m.
In Lot D a vehicle was pulled over for running a stop sign. The driver had a suspended license, was given a citation, and his vehicle was impounded.

September 19, 9:09 a.m.
A student left his vehicle at 7:00 a.m. in Lot L and returned to find it scratched. The driver’s side door and the hood were both damaged.

September 19, 3:20 p.m.
An officer stopped a suspicious subject across the street from the campus. The subject had a no bail arrest warrant for the Torrance PD and was booked in the LA County Jail.

September 19, 1:58 p.m.
An officer conducted a traffic stop on Crenshaw Blvd. The driver had an arrest warrant for $50,000 and was issued a notice to appear in court.

September 18, 10:30 a.m.
An officer stopped a vehicle on Crenshaw Blvd. when he observed the vehicle registration was expired. The driver did not h ave a license, was given a citation, and the vehicle was impounded.

September 17, 9:12 a.m.
In Lot F, a vehicle was given a citation and the officer at the scene discovered the vehicle had been issued five or more citations. The officer then immobilized the vehicle with a boot on one of the wheels in front of the car. The boot was not disabled until the citations were payed.

September 16, 11:00 p.m.
Officers responded to a disturbance call in the communications building. An argument had occurred in class among three students. The students were not charged with a crime, but their names were forwarded to the dean.

September 15, 2:13 p.m.An officer responded to the Health Center regarding a wheelchair bound student with extreme back pain. The paramedics were called and examined the student. They eventually released him to his care taker.