Pearlson/Police Beat

September 12, 2:27 p.m. – On Crenshaw Blvd. near the seven-eleven liquor store, an officer spotted a subject lying underneath a bike in the street. Cars were driving by nearly missing his head. There was a strong odor of alcohol on the subject and he was given a test. The subject was then given a citation for being drunk in public.
September 11, 6:30 p.m. – Officers responded to the library after receiving word that there was an argument between a student and a staff member. The student had a $25,000 warrant out from the Los Angeles Police Department. He was given a citation for the warrant.
September 11, 9:30 a.m. – An EC student was walking near Manhattan Blvd. in parking Lot D when a Hispanic male subject asked her for directions. The subject was in his car when asking for the directions and when she approached the car she could see he was masturbating. The subject left the area soon after she walked away.
September 10, 4:06 p.m. – Officers responded to the PE complex when a female subject tripped and cut the area above her right eye. She was given first aid and escorted to her car.
September 10, 10:21 p.m. – Officers responded to the Health Center when a female said she was contemplating suicide. After talking with officers, it was determined she was not a threat to herself or anyone else and she was released.
September 9, 11:15 p.m. – In parking Lot L there was a minor traffic collision. A student pulled into a parking stall while another was pulling out and the cars collided with minor damage. The student at fault will be paying damages.