‘Still Life In Motion’ concert coming to the Marsee Auditorium

The “Still Life in Motion” performance will take place on March 31 at 1 p.m. and April 1 and 2 at 8 p.m. in the Marsee Auditorium.

The show will be directed by El Camino dance teachers, Liz Hoefner Adamis and Jennifer LaCuran.

The show is typically titled the “Spring Advance Dance Concert,” but this year, the name was changed to its new title.

“The show is titled ‘Still Life in Motion’ and it’s all based on pieces of artwork as inspiration,” LaCuran said.

The show will feature performances by students, faculty members and guest performers.

“There are six student-choreographed pieces, and about 60 students performing,” La Curan said.

There will be a wide variety of dances and genres at the show.

La Curan said that the audience can expect to see modern dance, jazz, contemporary jazz, ballet and a more upbeat piece at the concert.

There are genres and dance styles for everyone in this semester’s show.

“I like to watch ballet sometimes,” Mayo Ozawa, 18, biology major, said.

There are three ways to purchase tickets: online at www.centerforthearts.org, over the phone by calling (310) 329-5345 or toll free 1-800-832-ARTS or in person at El Camino Ticket Office, which is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Tickets that are bought online or over the phone are charged an additional $3. Students with an current ASB sticker will get one ticket half price.

“I’ve never been to a dance concert,” Patrick Harris, 18, psychology major, said. “It sounds like fun.” He added that he thinks the tickets are a little bit too pricey.

Online and over the phone are a total of $18 for students, faculty and other attendees.

Students that want to be part of the concert next semester can register for dance 183, which is a performance class, or students can register for a choreography class.