Baseball team sweeps Pasadena in series

EC traveled to Pasadena Saturday for the final game in the three-game series, winning 14-4.

The Warriors opened the game up early against the Lancers, and scored two runs in the top of the first inning when freshman right fielder Jonathan Pasillas hit a fielder’s choice to bring in sophomore Alex Turner for the score. When sophomore catcher Joey Notch hit a groundout, it brought in Pasillas for the score.

After four scoreless innings, the Lancers finally got one run in the bottom of the fifth inning. The Warriors earned another run in the top of the sixth inning, and tied the game up at 3-3

The Warriors broke the tie with an explosive top of the seventh inning, recording an incredible eight runs to give them a late 11-3 lead. After EC conceded one run in the bottom of the eighth inning, they earned three runs in the top of the ninth to seal their 14-4 victory.

The Warriors had a strong day at the plate against the Lancers, recording 12 hits. The biggest hitters on the day were sophomore Alex Turner, freshman first baseman Jake Sahagian, and freshman designated hitter Zach Decuitus, recording two hits.

The Warriors’ win streak extends to three games, and their record improves to 13-9. EC hosts Mt. San Antonio on Tuesday, March 24.