Men’s soccer team wins first conference win

The Warriors have been anything but a goal-scoring machine in their conference this season.
After last Friday, that could be an understatement.
Winless in its last five games, the soccer team finally got a conference win, defeating ECC Compton Center in a 5-3 scoring frenzy.
“We controlled the midfield, kept more possession of the ball and created more plays for our forwards to score,” Alex Ochoa said. “It was a hard fought game, but we pulled off the victory.”
Ryuichiro Enomoto, midfielder, said the team needs to build on its win to return back to contention as one of the top teams.
“I think we are a strong team, but sometimes we seem to be mentally weak at times,” Enomoto said. “We underestimated the Compton team, but we needed this win badly and I’m glad we got it.”
Facing all of its conference opponents one more time, Ochoa said the team is better suited to get more victories under its belt.
“We need to stay together, play together, have each others’ back during the game and create more goal opportunities and keep the lead,” Ochoa said.
are using this recent victory to boost team confidence and build momentum going into their next match. EC’s next opponent at home will be this Friday at 4 p.m. versus Cerritos College.
The team was very loose after practice this week. With confidence building back up, look for a very potent team that will try to use the role of under dog to its advantage.
“It gave us that feeling of winning, we had that in the beginning of the season, we kind of lost that and now we have that feeling again,” Morales said. “Hopefully, it will help us with our morale and this builds our confidence. We have to keep our heads up and keeping playing hard. We have to hustle and the little things it takes to win a game.”