Warriors excel

EC’s football team has seen success both on and off the field recently.

After last season when 24 players earned scholarships for their performances on the field, many of those players are succeeding at Division 1 Universities.

Most notably was quarterback Boo Jackson, who earned a spot on the University of Ohio’s football team.

While at EC, Jackson was named All-Mission conference player of the year in 2007 as he threw for 35 touchdowns, leading the Warriors to the Mission conference championship.

Jackson was recently seen on national television, as he led the Ohio Bobcats against the powerhouse Ohio State Buckeyes.

Jackson did not play his best game against the Buckeyes as he threw three interceptions, but in his next game, Jackson completed 17 of his 31 passes for 365 yards while throwing three touchdowns in a losing effort to Central Michigan.

Against Northwestern, Jackson completed 27 of his 42 passes for 228 yards and threw one touchdown, but was harrassed constantly, as he was sacked five times and intercepted twice.

Corey Surrency, one of Jackson’s receivers at EC, is now playing football for the Florida State Seminoles.

In limited playing time for the Seminoles, Surrency has caught 5 passes for 101 yards and scored three touchdowns in two games.

Verran Tucker, another one of Jackson’s receivers who is now playing at the University of California at Berkeley, recorded one reception for 10 yards while scoring a touchdown against the University of Maryland.

Former Warrior running back Jeremy Francis, who now plays at Oregon State University, carried the ball four times for 27 yards in the Beavers’ 45-7 victory over the University of Hawaii.

These are just three of the 24 former Warriors now making an impact for major college football programs.