Poloists win some recent games; overtime win shows conference

Emotions are still running strong for the men’s water polo team despite its recent losses.

The men’s waterpolo team’s most recent match was Wednesday against Rio Hondo.

The team expects that Rio Hondo will be a tough match, but have confidence that they will be able to win their next meet.

The SCC tournament next Friday is where the Warriors will really have to bring themselves together and beat almost every team in order to be in good standing for the playoffs.

“We know that we can do it, we just have to pull ourselves up,” Kaligh said.

“Rio Hondo seemed like a pretty solid team, they have some really good outside shooters,” Hasan Kaligh said. “We’re pressing our defense and preparing to counter.”

Kaligh said Rio Hondo had trouble being countered at the games andthe team hopes to use that as an advantage.

Scores to the match were unavailable by Union deadline last night.

The Warriors have become more confident about their abilities and have shown that in the past matches against Chaffey, last Wednesday and L.A. Trade Tech, Oct. 15 , which the Warriors both won, 17- 6 and 9-7 in overtime.

At the Saddleback tournament, Friday and Saturday, the men’s waterpolo team beat Mt. SAC and Palomar, 5-0 due to forfeits by both teams.

The Warriors once again won L.A. Trade Tech in the Saddleback tournament 15-8.

During sudden death overtime, the Warriors lost to Orange Coast, 6-5.

“The guys were very tired,” coach Corey Stanbury said.

Looking back at the numerous wins the Warriors had at the Saddleback Tournament and the past game against Chaffey the team continuued to create the same results at the Cypress tournament, Oct. 18.

Although the Warriors won agains t Chaffey 15-6, they lost to: Orange Coast 12-9, Long Beach 9-5 and to Golden West 17-3.

The Warriors are now focusing on what is to come and hope to make a good standing in playoffs.