Campus Viewpoints: Favorite Holiday Movie

In the spirit of the season, The Union went around campus and asked students about their favorite holiday movies.

377602A5-23EE-4174-9882-32B0D8D5E096.jpeg
Natalie Tovar, 18, business major, says her favorite holiday movies are “It’s A Wonderful Life” and “Four Christmases.” Photo credit: Kevin Caparoso

Natalie Tovar, 18, business major, said she watches “It’s A Wonderful Life” every year for the holidays ever since one of her high school teachers introduced her to the movie.

“It just shows you to be grateful and that you effect everyone in your whole life,” Tovar said.

830707C4-C11C-4279-A492-818DD05AB7BA.jpeg
George Avitia, 21, history major, says he likes the movie “Trick ‘r Treat” because it’s the only horror movie about the actual Halloween holiday. Photo credit: Kevin Caparoso

George Avitia, 21, history major, said “A Nightmare Before Christmas” is his absolute favorite holiday movie.

“It’s both a Halloween and a Christmas movie so it kinda beats two birds one stone,” Avita said. “I can watch it nonstop.”

689DCD1B-AFE7-4FF0-9FB9-578E473B5AE9.jpeg
Sarah Zeitzew, 19, journalism major, says she likes the movie “Elf.” Photo credit: Kevin Caparoso

Sarah Zeitzew, 19, journalism major, said she likes “Krampus” and very much considers it a holiday movie.

“It’s like in-between Halloween and Christmas,” Zeitzew said. “So it’s like scary but then it’s about Christmas.”

A368F53E-2D2C-455E-B384-038A1225C13A.jpeg
Amy Figueroa, 18, political science major, says she likes the movie with the character “Scrooge” but couldn’t name the film. Photo credit: Kevin Caparoso

Amy Figueroa, 18, political science major, said her favorite holiday movies include “Polar Express”, “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”, “A Nightmare Before Christmas”, “A Christmas Story”, “White Christmas”, and “It’s A Wonderful Life.”

“I watch all of them every year but like the one I watch the most is ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’” Figueroa said. “It makes you appreciate life more and you know it really shows that your life matters.”

2A14775B-572A-4E6D-A9D9-68579B3D7340.jpeg
Dina Tekle, 18, undeclared major, says she likes the movie “Home Alone.” Photo credit: Kevin Caparoso

Dina Tekle, 18, undeclared major, said she really enjoys the holiday movies from the Hallmark Channel.

“They have so much good romance,” Tekle said. “100 percent recommended.”