Filed under Opinion

Campus Viewpoints: Trump’s one month in office

“The Union” went out and asked students to share their thoughts on Trump’s presidency after a month in office. Here’s what some of the students have to say:

Alondra Gonzalez, 20, English major: ” I am more concern with no more checks and balances. We are supposed to live in a democracy but it doesn’t seem like it anymore.”

Cynthia Saavedra, 19, undecided major: “I feel like our society failed for allowing him into office. I am scared for our future especially because of the immigration checkpoints around our country.”

Jose Monge, 46, machine technician major: “He pretty much have done everything he said he will do when he gets into office. He’s our President now, the other party needs to stop blocking him from assigning jobs to create his cabinet.”

Safah Shirzad, 19, undecided major: “At first I was indifferent about Trump but now I believe he has a lot of negative effects on us, America. Because of him, there’s now a social split.”

Lonnie Ro, 26, industrial design major: “I think it’s ironic that he’s doing everything he said he was going to do. We are all kind of used to politicians not doing everything they say they will do, which makes it ironic.”

About the Writers
Keith Francis, Staff Writer
Keith is a first-time reporter for The Union, he is a journalism major with hopes of learning more about the process. Keith, or normally known as “Francis” has been a student at EC for about three years and just became interested in journalism after being an English major all this time. He is very outdoorsy,...
Ryan Guitare, Sports and Photo Editor
Ryan Guitare is a first semester sports and photo editor at The Union newspaper but is in his second semester for The Union. This is his third year at El Camino College. Ryan enjoys coffee culture, snowboarding, skateboarding, photography, and art. Ryan is a journalism major transferring to Cal State Long Beach in the fall....