Floyd Mayweather looks to remain perfect in the ring

It’s fight week. The boxing match the world has been waiting to see is finally here. World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr. takes on World Boxing Organization title holder Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao May 2 at the MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The WBC, WBA, WBO and “The Ring” welterweight titles will be on the line, not to mention Mayweather’s perfect 47-0 record. The historic fight has already broken many records. Tickets to the fight sold out in 60 seconds, according to ESPN. It’s predicted to double the previous Pay-Per-View record of $150 million set by Mayweather vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.

The last time Mayweather lost was as an amateur to Serafim Todorov of Bulgaria in the semifinals of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

Mayweather, 38, will face the toughest opponent of his career but what sets him apart from the rest is his world class defense, footwork and hand speed. He’s a great technical boxer and a brilliant counter puncher.

Pacquiao is a fast-paced, aggressive fighter who throws a flurry of punches at once. Mayweather will use his shoulder roll defense to fend off Pacquiao. The shoulder roll is an effective defensive technique Mayweather has mastered over the years. It eliminates every potential target, but keeps the fighter in position to land a clean, effective counter punch to the body or head.

In addition, Mayweather has to work the body and land the straight right effectively. He is an intelligent boxer who figures fighters out and then executes his game plan. The fight will be close in the early rounds as they feel each other out. Mayweather will dominate with defense and counter-punching in the end.

The “Fight of The Century” will go the distance with Mayweather coming out on top.