Proposed bill would extend ‘Last call’ hours

Stay thirsty, ladies and gentlemen.
On March 17, State Sen. Mark Leno introduced a bill that would extend alcohol sales from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Leno’s bill would allow cities to ask for permission to extend alcohol sales from the Deparment of Alcohol Beverage Control.
For anyone who has been out until 2 a.m., most would agree that, it’s just not enough time.
One city that has the opposite effect would be Las Vegas, a city that is infamous for its slogan “What happens here, stays here,” that allows alcohol sales until 4 a.m. and it is a city that is booming with constant tourists.
Throughout L.A. there are dozens of establishments that could benefit if sales were extend two additional hours.
Along with the overall economical benefits, the city would also become booming in tourism.
Anyone traveling to the area would be able to benefit from being able to grab a drink after a long day traveling or those who just got done working the overnight shift.
Usually when people hear “last call” they immediately get a drink or two and leave the bar more intoxicated.
If the time were extended an additional two hours people would quench their thirst before the 4 a.m. time ever arrived.
This would effectively add to the state’s appeal and benefit anyone who would like a drink after 2 a.m..
Let’s hope the state of California decides to help people looking for a drink after 2 a.m. and allows late-night workers to get a piece of the action.
So, for anyone who is hoping for another two hours of being able to drink alcohol, contact your senators and ask for them to get this bill passed.