Con: Does the media cover the war in Iraq adequately?

Depiction of the war in Iraq by the media is completely biased. It shows only what is convenient to show.

The media lets itself be manipulated by the government and special interest groups.

Most of the news about Iraq has made the U.S. look like a hero, while portraying Iraq and anyone affiliated with it like scum.

Studies done by the Media Research Center show that “anti-war critics were given more air time than war backers.”

Constantly seeing these negative images in the news has a huge influence on a person’s opinion.

Since the majority of the population gets its information from the media, it is denying consumers the truth by deciding what is newsworthy and what will be reported.

“I’m afraid the news media are hurting our chances. They are dwelling upon the mistakes, the ambushes, the soldiers killed, the wounded, the Blumbergs,” Jim Marshall, a democrat from Georgia wrote.

Fair enough. But it is not balancing this bad news with ‘the rest of the story,’ the progress made daily, the good news.

Marshall contends that the news media’s interpretation of the war misleads people because of its inconsistency in reporting what to represent to what is really happening in Iraq.

The media has its own agenda; therefore it is up to people to educate themselves, learn the truth and come up with their own conclusions.