Filed under News, Top Stories

Student Health Services give out condom roses on National Condom Day

Handmade condom roses made by Rose Gladson, a student representative for the Student Health Center. Photo credit: Emma DiMaggio

The Student Health Center is giving out free condom roses today, Wednesday, Feb. 14, to celebrate both Valentine’s Day and National Condom Day.

The festive roses were made by Rose Gladson, who mans the Student Health Center booth on Mondays through Thursdays from around 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

“The Health Center always has condoms and if for whatever reason I’m not out (at the booth), they’ll be in (the Health Center),” Gladson said.

The booth, which stands between the Art North Building and the South Gym, also offers free stress balls, free sanitary items, and information on student health events occurring throughout the semester.

About the Writer
Emma DiMaggio, Senior Staff Writer

Emma DiMaggio is a senior staff writer for The Union, previously arts and news editor. This is her third semester on the newspaper. Her interest is piqued by all things philosophy, astronomy, and NPR. Her heart lies in informative writing and her goal is to help create a more inclusive and representative media industry..