Mixed emotions for new MBA Building

The doors of EC’s new Math, Business and Allied Health building have finally opened this semester with high hopes to improve the learning experience for students. “The building is just so functional: there are places to gather, wireless Internet for interaction, and more than enough room; Everything about the building is conducive to learning,” Mike Botello, Professor of Business said. “It’s a lot like the Humanities building, it’s set up by the same architect and has a lot of the same features and benefits,” Thomas E. Brown, Director of Facilities Planning and Services, said. The fourth floor of the MBA building is dedicated towards an “Allied Health” program: Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and Radiology programs are centralized into a single unit. “It’s nice that we have new technology; Once upon a time, our newest technology was the door itself,” Nenna Olumba, 26, Nursing Major said. “It has the environment of an actual hospital as far as oxygen, headboards and all the things of that nature, it looks like a regular hospital,” Brown said. Though there have been a few glitches, but it’s important to consider that the building is new and there is a continuing effort to fix malfunctions, Brown added. “Everything has its problems, and we are just ironing out the kinks, and trying to get used to a building that we are not really used to,” Olumba said. “We were already in a building that was more-or-less broken in, we are sort of breaking this one in,” she added.