Board of trustees accepts President Tom Fallo’s resignation

The EC board of trustees unanimously accepted president Tom Fallo’s resignation during yesterday’s meeting.

William Beverly, board of trustees president, said it would be a “sad parting”  as Fallo has committed much to the district.

“Times change, things turn over, people move on, opportunities, changes that are individually fulfilling and rewarding need to be considered,” Beverly said. “We can dwell on all the great things that have happened during Fallo’s tenure at another time, but in deference to his wishes in recognition of the state of the district, the need to pull together, while we are together, to do what needs to be done for continuity and growth and stability; odd as it may sound this is probably the right time to accept Fallo’s resignation.”

Fallo’s last day worked will be June 30, 2013, with his first day of retirement being July 30, 2013. A plaque will be prepared and presented to him in recognition of his services to the district since 1991.

Ken Brown, board of trustee member said he is still torn (about Fallo’s resignation) and although he is the newest board member, he has received incredible support from Fallo as he gets more comfortable with his board duties.

“I am encouraged that he will be doing something that he wants to do and I will support him no matter what he does,” Brown said. “The board as a whole, is devastated at the news but at the same time, we have to get ready for the district’s next phase.  We look forward to getting community input on our process and encourage those who are interested in being involved.

Fallo announced his intent to retire during the Nov. 19, board of trustees meeting.

*Viridiana Vaca-Rios, Union Online editor-in-chief and Elizabeth Aviles, Online managing editor, contributed to this article