ASO strives to bring students together

As the new year begins, a new semester starts and the Associate Student Organization wants to strengthen their relationship with EC’s student body.

The ASO hosted a town hall meeting last Thursday,  the meeting was held in the West Lounge of the Activities Center.  The meeting consisted of a panel of student representatives form student government. The goal of the meeting was to present ASO and the Inter-Club Council (ICC) to the student body and announce upcoming events for the semester.

“We want students to learn more about who we are and what we do” Cindy Valdez, cabinet member, said.

The panel discussed plans for the new semester as well as getting more students involved in what EC has to offer.  Since  Club Rush is this week the panel wanted to get the word out so students can have greater experience at EC.

“We want to strengthen are relationship with the students and government,” Dillan Horton, Sen. of Health Sciences and Athletics, said.

The meeting allowed students to ask questions to the panel and be able to get their voices heard. Students who attended were able to understand how the student government works at EC.

ASO plans to have these town hall meetings twice a semester, one in the beginning and end of the semester. The next meeting will be held at the end of the semester in May.

“We want students to get to know us better,” Horton said.