Fitness Center is available for students, faculty, and staff

Mirrors cover the white walls and music fills the room, allowing students to marvel at themselves while working out.

Complete with a set of treadmills and bench-pressers, these are the few reasons why Chrissie Zartman, 27, attendant, describes the Fitness Center as a “great place to work out.”

Aside from allowing students to keep themselves “in shape,” the Fitness Center is also convenient for students. Not only is it on campus, but it is also available to students, faculty and staff free of charge.

“In order to gain access, students must present their student ID, a print-out of their schedule, have a waiver and have an ASB sticker,” Zartman said. “Students are also required to watch an orientation video either online or on their first day.”

Students should also be aware of the fact that the Fitness Center is only open for certain hours throughout the day.

“It is open to students Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.” Zartman said. ” On Tuesday and Thursday, it is open from 6 to 9 a.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. It is also available Fridays from 6:30 to 11 a.m.”

Although these times may not fit everyone’s schedule, there are several students who do take advantage of the hours.

“I just try to come here every morning,” Michael Ramillano, 18, kinesiology major, said. ” I love it because it is very convenient, and also because I can come here to work out before I go to class.”

With access to the Fitness Center, students can now work out to “prepare” and “strengthen” their bodies for certain physical education courses.

“The room is pretty small but it has the things you need,” Ramillano said. “For it to be free, it’s something that everyone should take advantage of.”