New committees formed by ASO for networking

Associated Students Organization is establishing two new committees to promote campus awareness as they discuss an begin to enact the Networking Committee and Website Committee, ideas that were created by public relations officer Nicole Reinertsen.
“If we establish a network, we need to start as early as we can and there are a lot of people interested in the idea,” Reinertsen said.
Reinertsen wanted to establish these two committees since last semester, the website committee is a committee that will help in both creating and updating the ASO web page.
“I noticed last semester that when I came across the college website, the ASO page only had pictures and text but it didn’t represent the work that we do, it was just boring and we were really under represented and we should take advantage of our web page,” Reinertsen said.
The hardest part Reinertsen said, would be getting students to visit the ASO web page.
She added that maybe instructors and professors could offer some sort of incentive for going to the website like extra credit but hopefully the clubs can help persuade students to visit their site.
“Getting deep inside each club will help us make a connection with students,” Reinersten said.
Among the ideas for the revamped ASO webpage is a series of “webisodes” chronicling the different activities that the clubs and campus are doing.
“A lot of our students are online so it will be fun and keep them informed,” Reinersten said.
She also stated that one senator suggested having a music pick section on the site and that today will find out exactly what she can do with the webpage.
“At today’s meeting with the adviser I will find out what exactly the restrictions are,” Reinersten said.
ASO is also forming a networking committee that will work with Santa Monica college’s ASO in trying to raise student awareness.
The point of the network committee is to try and see why Santa Monica’s ASO, which Reinertsen said is smaller, seems to have bigger turnouts and student participation when it comes to voting on campus.
“We had less than 200 students vote, Santa Monica College had 2000 students vote, we want to be like them as far as student involvement,” Younis said.