News Line (May 6)

1. Financial aid online workshop is today

There will be a financial aid online workshop today from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Library Demonstration Center West Basement.
Students will learn general financial aid information and help completing the financial aid application online.
Interested students may call the Financial Aid Office at 310-660-3493, for more information.

2. Humanities to host University workshop

There will be a university appeals workshop today from 1 to 2 p.m. in Humanities Room 109. Students will learn about strategies on how to write an effective admissions appeal letter and how to include new and compelling information that will strengthen your appeal letter. Interested students may call the Transfer Center at 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for more information.

3. Sallie Mae debit card workshop Wednesday

There will be a Sallie Mae debit card workshop Wednesday from 5 to 6 p.m. in Students Services Center 204- G.
Students will learn about general information on the Sallie Mae Debit Card and instructions on how to apply.
Interested students will call the Financial Aid Office at 310-660-3493, to register and get more information.

4. Business Career and Majors fair Wednesday

There will be a Business Career & Majors Fair Wednesday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Communications Lawn. Students may visit the EC official Web Site.

5.Scholarship awards to be announced next week

There will be a Foundation Scholarship award ceremony next Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Marsee Auditorium.

6. Stafford Loan deadline is next Thursday

The Stafford Loan deadline is next Thursday for the spring semester. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of six units for the spring 2010 semester.
Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, and have a Financial Aid award letter. Interested students may call the Financial Aid Office at 310-660-3494, for more information or visit the Financial Aid Office in Student Services Center, room 215.

7.Deadline to drop classes is fast approaching

The last day to drop with a “W” is Friday May 14.

8. ASO Senate elections will begin Monday

Associated Students Organizations (ASO) elections will start on to fill for senate seats. Voting will take place on the library lawn