News Line

Last day to drop with a “W” tomorrow
Students are reminded that the last day to drop classes with a “W” is tomorrow.

First day to register for next semester on Monday
The first day for continuing students to register for the summer and fall semesters is Monday. In order to find their particular registration date and time, students must log-in to MyECC and click on “registration appointment time.”

CSULB transfer workshop to take place today
For students who missed the CSU application deadline for fall 2009, the following schools are still accepting applications: CSU Bakersfiled, CSU Dominguez Hills, CSU East Bay, Humboldt State, CSU Los Angeles, Cal Maritime (except marine transportation majors) CSU Sacramento, CSU San Bernardino and CSU Stanislaus.

Engineering and life science workshop offered today
An engineering and life sciences workshop will be in the MESA Center today from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Students may call 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for further information.

ASO elections to take place next week
ASO elections will take place from Monday to Thursday. Students may vote from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Library Lawn and from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Activities Center.

TAG Workshop will be available to students
There will be a TAG Workshop for those who are interested in learning about Transfer Admission Guarantees Thursday, May 21 in H111 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. By participating in the TAG program, students can receive early review of their academic record, early admission notification and specific guidance on major prep and GE coursework. Interested persons may call 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for further information.

Winter 2010 study abroad meeting to take place
There will be an informational meeting about the study abroad trip to Costa Rica in winter 2010 on Thursday, May 21 from 12:30 p.m. to 1 :30 p.m. in H309. Interested persons may contact Pete Marcoux at 310-660-3593, ext. 6046, for further information.

Tour of fire department availble to students
There will be a Los Angeles County Fire Department tour on Friday, May 22. Students will depart from the Campus Police parking lot at 9:30 a.m. and return at 1 p.m. Students will tour the facility, explore career options and network with professionals. A $5 refundable deposit will be required upon signing up. Interested persons may call 310-660-3593, ext. 6137, for more information.

Tour of USC to be made available to students
There will be a USC tour on Friday, May 29. Students will depart from the Campus Police parking lot at 9:30 a.m. and return at 3:30 p.m. Students must be currently enrolled in at least one course at EC and have a current class print-out. The tour may be canceled if a minimum of five students do not sign up. A $5 refundable deposit will be required upon signing up. Interested persons may call 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for more information.