Campus gets star treatment

Lights, camera, action!

The red carpet is being rolled out and the paparazzi will be snapping photos left and right on Nov. 15 to celebrate homecoming, which will have a Hollywood Glamour theme.

“This will be the most extravagant homecoming EC has ever seen,” Walter Mendez, president of the Inter-Club Council (ICC), said.

The event will be sponsored by Ross Clothing, Red Bull, Urban Roots and the ICC is currently working with the Red Cross for sponsorship as well.

These companies will provide free items that will be given out at homecoming and the Red Cross will be helping with money for food services.

“What our sponsors will do is provide free stuff that we can give away. I think this homecoming is expected to sell out (all its tickets),” Mendez said.

Tickets are $10 without an ASB card, $8 with an ASB card and students may also purchase exclusive VIP tickets for $20.

“Students who buy VIP tickets will be able allowed access to the special VIP lounge, where there is private seating and there will be much better catering,” Ana Safazada, secretary of ICC, said.

Homecoming will also provide various forms of entertainment, including a live D.J. as well as student performers, namely dancers and singers.

There will also be soloist players, pianists and musicians from the Society of Music.

“We are trying to focus on the singing and dancing so that it will be a high-class event, but still be a dance,” Safazada said.

The dance will be semi-formal and there will be a red carpet for students to walk on when they enter, complete with “paparazzi” taking photos at the door.

“We want to make it a glamour scene,” Nicole Teixeira, ICC commissioner of publicity, said. “There will be a red carpet and the photography program will be helping by posing as paparazzi, taking photos of everyone like they are royalty.”

Prior to homecoming, there will be a campus Spirit Week, in which the ICC invites all students to participate.

“Clubs and student groups are encouraged to come (to Spirit Week) and be as involved as possible, because the more spirit you show, the better your chance of winning a prize,” Teixeira, said. “It’s a good thing because not everyone on campus is a member of a club and some can’t join the club, but this allows them to still be spirited about their school. It’s something people can enjoy and be involved in.”

The spirit week will take place Tuesday to Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. all three days.

Tuesday is Warrior spirit day, in which students are encouraged to dress in school colors, .

Wednesday will be USC and UCLA day and students are asked to dress in the colors of their favorite of the two teams.

Thursday is the conclusion of Spirit Week and it will be Cerritos Nerd Day, which is meant to mock Cerritos College, the team EC will be playing at the homecoming game, by students dressing as nerds.

“We are preparing a lot for (homecoming). The pep squad has been really involved and they will be performing all next week and the football players will be there, too,” Teixeira, said.

The members of ICC said their current goal is promotion of the event so that it will be the best homecoming it can possibly be.

“In previous years, it has not been promoted as much. This year we are going to try to get it out there as much as possible. Students should see fliers by next week. We are just working on the final touches,” Teixeira said.

Students are asked to come in order to socialize with others and to show their school spirit.