News Line

HONORS TRANSFER

SEMINAR: Students who wish to learn more about the Honors Transfer Program may attend a seminar today at 1 p.m. n the East Lounge of the Student Activities Center.

TUTORS: The Writing Center will offer tutoring for EC students during the fall semester. Students may log on to www.jeconsults.com/wc/virtulatutor with their student ID number and their essay will be returned with comments from a tutor.

TRANSFER COUNSELORS:

Transfer counselors will be available today from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in SSVC 106. Students are asked to bring transcripts from all colleges they have attended.

HOW TO TRANSFER WORKSHOP: The Transfer Center will have a “How to Transfer to a Private/Out of State University” workshop in SS 111 on Tuesday. Interested students may call (310) 660-3593 for more information

ASSIST WORKSHOP: Assist workshop will be available to help students determine if their current courses are transferable and count toward their major on Thursday, Sept. 18 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the West Library Basement 10. Students may call (310) 660-3408 for more information.

STUDY ABROAD: Those who wish to attend the winter 2009 Australia/ New Zealand study abroad trip can attend a meeting will be next Thursday in BSS 107. Students may contact Dr. Arthur Verge at (310) 660-3759 for further information.

NATIONAL UNIVERSITY

DROP-IN: National University representatives will be on campus Monday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the SSVC Lobby. Interested students may call (310) 660-3593 for further information.