Police Beat

Student experiences breathing problems
Feb 14, 2008, noon– Officers at the El Camino Police Department received a call when a staff member on campus was reported to have experienced trouble breathing.
The subject was in a meeting but left abruptly. A fellow staff member followed soon after to find the subject on the floor, breathing excessively
The subject was taken to Centinela Hospital in Inglewood for further observation and care.

Subject apprehended for outstanding warrents
Feb. 14, 2008, 1:46 p.m.– Officers observed a suspicious looking man walking along Crenshaw Boulevard.
The officers stopped and questioned the subject, who was arrested for an outstanding warrant of $1,300.

Arrest made for subject with $10,000 warrant
Feb. 15, 2008, 12:20 a.m.– An officer stopped a subject walking in Parking Lot B. The subject had an outstanding warrant of $10,000 for arrest and was turned over to the Torrance Police Department.

Unlicensed driver cited for speeding, car taken
Feb. 15, 2008, 1 p.m.– An officer at the Manhattan Beach Boulevard area of campus observed a vechicle speeding.
The subject was traveling at 50 mph in a 30 mph zone. During the routine traffic stop, the officer discovered the driver of the vehicle to be without a license.
The unlicensed driver was given a citation and the vehicle was impounded.

Intoxicated driver has $15,000 warrant
Feb. 16, 2008, 11:30 p.m. – A bike officer in Lot B observed a vehicle driving fast from the Lemoli Avenue entrance of the campus by the auto shops.
The vehicle was driving erratically and stopped in the area of the auto shops.
Officers were called for assistance and observed the driver to be under the influence of alcohol when they approached the car and found the subject to be incoherent.
Officers found that the driver had an outstanding warrant for $15,000 and was booked at the Torrance Police Department.

-The campus police department is located on the Redondo Beach Boulevard side of EC and may be contacted by calling (310) 660-3100.