Police Beat

Marijuana found

Two subjects were seen smoking marijuana behind the parking structure next to Alondra Park Tuesday morning.

The subjects had a small amount of crack cocaine, a glass pipe and a marijuana pipe in their possession.

One of the subjects was a 14-year-old male who was cited for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. He was released to his parents.

The 20-year-old male subject was booked at Torrance Police Department for possession of narcotic paraphernalia, possession of a controlled substance and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Lockers burglarized

Nine lockers were burglarized Tuesday morning in the men’s locker room.

There were no signs of forced entry and the Police Department is still investigating the problem.

Officers advise students not to leave valuables in their lockers.

Caught for speeding

Officers pulled over a vehicle on Redondo Beach Boulevard Saturday afternoon for speeding.

The vehicle had one headlight and bumper damage.

The driver said that he had just been involved in a collision on the 405 Freeway at Inglewood Avenue.

The driver was given a field sobriety test. The results were .18 BAC, which is twice the legal limit.

The driver also had a glass pipe and did not have a driver’s license.

Student injures knee

A female student was transported to Gardena Memorial Hospital Tuesday morning after injuring her knee in PE 230.

The student possibly dislocated her knee.

Student flees scene

Officers responded to a call from a student who witnessed a hit and run in the lower parking in lot F Monday morning.

The student gave a license plate number of the vehicle involved and a description of the driver.

The suspect was contacted at her home and admitted to hitting a car that morning.

The suspect claimed that she did not have insurance and fled the scene.

She agreed to pay for the damages and is being cited with failure to have insurance and failure to exchange information during an accident.

The victim did not want to press charges.

For more information students may call the EC Police Department at 310) 660- 3100