EC Fashion

Camping out at Lake Havasu, lounging next to a white Ford 150 with 35 inch tires and 20 inch rims, with a favorite dirt bike in site and loud rock music contributes to one fashion style. There are several, whether it be changing into a wet suit in the sand, walking through every store at the mall, or never taking off headphones.

Style is considered a particular fashion statement regardless if someone dresses eccentric or just in a t-shirt and jeans. A design on a shirt or the brand of jeans can already tell a lot about one person. Clothing and appearance can be a deal-breaker if someone is trying to decide whom they should walk up to and start a conversation with.

“I wear Dickies, sometimes jeans, and sag my pants because it is comfortable. The only color t-shirts I’ll wear is black, gray, or white. I either have diamond studs or plugs in ears, an LA cap or spiked hair, and I only wear brand clothing. My favorite is Blessed Industries,” Casey McGogy, technical arts major, said.

Many styles are based on a particularity hobby. If hundreds of dirt bikers came together there would be major similarities in appearance. It might be the same brand, hat, low pants, or even sunglasses, said McGogy

Most people purchase their clothes from a retail store, so it is up to the companies to come up with a new style and the most recent look. Several companies will make hundreds of the same clothes and target them to one main hobby, like dirt biking or a trend follower.

“Almost all my clothes are from Urban Outfitters. My clothing does change from day to day, but that is the trend. I can be wearing a long t-shirt one day, high rise jeans the next, or be seen in a small flowing dress. I always wear rings, sunglasses, and usually wear flats or moccasins,” Chelsey Yonemoto, unknown major, said.

It is hard to put a single definition on one style, because everyone changes is up to their own likings. A look can be perceived as one thing but meant as something different. Sometimes the way people dress, it is not even to impress anyone but for their own self, Yoenmoto said.

“I always wear something black. Most of my t-shirts and sweaters are from metal concerts or horror movies. My pants only range from jeans to cutoffs, or sometimes camouflage. I am always in boots or Converse and of course, my long hair, Scott Dawson, film major, said.

People can see a metal head as a grungy person that never takes showers and always listens to extremely loud music. They could seem intimidating to walk up to because they may seem harsh or unfriendly, Dawson said.

The fact of the matter is people always have and always will dress however they want. Nothing can stop a single person from choosing to dress in complete black or only wear dresses. It is up to a single person to dress however they want.

“I dress to be different. Everyone tries to be with the current fad but I try to isolate myself from that. A rocker is someone that wears skinny jeans and a gangster is someone that wears baggy pants with no belt and a white t-shirt. I try to switch it up,” Kufu Fisher, unknown major, said.