Instagram @ECCUnion
View this profile on Instagram

The Union (@eccunion) • Instagram photos and videos

From dreams deferred to degrees earned: El Camino celebrates Class of 2024
The ‘One and Done’ rule should change

The ‘One and Done’ rule should change

June 6, 2024

Unlicensed and unbothered: Federal and local shifts may soon stir the smoke of the South Bay cannabis industry

June 6, 2024

Crenshaw Boulevard and Marine Avenue: A Street-Side Latin American Food Court

June 5, 2024

Head-to-toe: Affordable essentials available at the Warrior Closet

Steph Ishimatsu models the wardrobe essentials from the Warrior Closet. (Warrior Life | Delfino Camacho)

El Camino College’s Warrior Closet has your back if you don’t have money to create an outfit—the Warrior Closet is free clothing to enrolled students. Most clothes are in good condition and some are brand new. Students can pick up 35 used items a week. There are limitations for other items. For example, students are only allowed one pair of shoes every 60 days and two new items weekly. The Warrior Closet, located at the Basic Needs Center above the Bookstore, is open on Tuesdays from noon to 5 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

1. Socks

Believe it or not, socks are the most popular item at the Warrior Closet. Paola Villarreal, El Camino College CalFresh outreach specialist, said they run out quickly. They are so popular that none were available to photograph for Warrior Life. Students are limited to three brand-new pairs of socks a week.

2. Pants

The Closet offers lots of styling options, including jeans, chinos, trousers, dress pants, and corduroy. Well-known brands, including Carhartt, Dockers, Calvin Klein, and Perry Ellis, are available. Two racks are filled to the brim with pants.

3. Shirts

Many types of shirts are available, including T-shirts, long sleeves, button-ups, collared shirts, and sports jerseys. There’s even a Class of 2020 graduation T-shirt if that’s your style. While there may be only one rack of shirts currently at the Warrior Closet, there should be something worthwhile to pick up.

4. Blazers

For those looking for something formal and professional, the Warrior Closet has you covered. Whether you’re going to a wedding or a job interview, there is a selection of blazers. Many of them are in good condition. Some blazers even come with matching pants. Just remember to dry clean.

5. Accessories

The Closet offers a wide variety of accessories to accentuate your outfit. Baseball caps, scarves, beanies and ties of different colors and styles exist.