Newsline, March 27 – April 3

Update: March 18, 5:51 p.m. “March 31” has been changed from “March 21.”

Students prep for tour

The Transfer/Career Center will be hosting a California State University, Northridge tour on Friday, March 27. The purpose of the tour is to provide students the opportunity to visit the university and to better educate them on what the campus is like and what to expect whether you are an applicant or an admitted student. There is a $5 refundable deposit that is required to go on the tour. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3408.

Nursing program tends to hopeful minds

There will be a nursing program information session sponsored by the Counseling Center on Tuesday, March 31 from 10 a.m. to noon in the Distance Education Center located near the EC library. Attendance at one of the information sessions within one year of applying is mandatory for all students who are interested in the nursing program. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3433.

Program workshop adds experience

The First Year Experience (FYE) department will be hosting a Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement Program (MESA) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (STEM) workshop on Tuesday, March 31 at 1 p.m. in the Alondra Room above the EC bookstore. The MESA and STEM programs at EC help prepare math and science students before they transfer to four-year institutions so that they can succeed academically. For more information on the workshop, call 310-660-6936.

Resumes create job opportunities

The EC Career Center will be hosting a resume writing workshop on Tuesday, March 31 at 3 p.m. in the Distance Education Center located near the library. This workshop is to provide students information on resume writing, researching various companies and positions, and gives insight as to what employers look for in applicants on those resumes. There is limited seating available so reserve your spot by going online to tinyurl.com/m2hryop. For more information on the workshop, call the Career Center at 310-660-3593 ext. 6137.

Interview workshop teaches skills and tips

The Career Center will be hosting an interviewing skills workshop on Tuesday, March 31 at 5 p.m. in the Distance Education Center located near the library. This workshop is to help provide tips on how to perform well in interviews. For more information on the event, contact the Career Center at 310-660-3593 ext. 6137.