“Scream 4″ does anything but thrill

After hearing a disturbing noise behind her, she reaches into her purse, grabs her keys and runs to her vehicle. When her vehicle fails to start, she panics when a white masked figure holding a knife appears next to her window.

Directed by Wes Craven who directed horror films such as “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” “The Hills Have Eyes II” and “ Swamp Thing”, Craven brings back one of his well-known killers Ghostface in “Scream 4”.

Starring Neve Campbell as Sydney Prescott, she returns to her hometown of Woodsboro for her book tour, reuniting with cutthroat reporter, Gale Weathers and Sheriff Dewey.

Not realizing that the past would come back to haunt her, Prescott along with her friends, family and cousin Jill played by Emma Roberts, try and find the person behind the weird and unusual phone calls.

After ten years and two sequels, one would think Craven would give fans a new and fresh storyline with its final movie to the “Scream” franchise.

This movie was all too familiar as its plot was anything but original. Craven might as well have used the first movie and slapped the “Scream 4” title on it to save himself some time.

Although Craven has been referred as the master of horror, he failed to live up to that name with this movie as it seems to be anything but scary.

The scariest thing about this movie was how predictable the entire movie was, including figuring out who the killer was.

One of the few different things about the movie was the use of technology, similar to “Halloween H2o” where it is all about the current usage of cellphones and webcams. However, it provided a few good laughs as Hayden Pannettiere’s character,

Kirby Reed was the sarcastic character.

The beginning of this movie was also entertaining as the movie made fun of the “Scream” franchise itself. It also had a few cameos of well-known actresses. If you want Ghostface at his best, then stick to the original “Scream” movie as this sequel is anything but a thriller. What’s your favorite scary movie? Probably won’t be this one.