“Hanna” is the ultimate thrill ride

Camouflaged behind a tree, a young girl stealthily stalks her prey. She waits for the perfect moment, prepares her bow-and-arrow, and shoots, barely missing the caribou’s heart.

“Hanna” defies the fact the most Hollywood movies lack creativity. With plenty of action scenes, and a compelling storyline that keeps you guessing to the very end, “Hanna,” is not only original, but the ideal choice for anyone hoping to watch a thrilling action film.

Joe Wright, who’s most recognized for his critically acclaimed films “Pride and Prejudice,” and “Atonement,” made clever decisions while directing his first action movie. Reuniting with Saoirse Ronan, casting her as the main character, and filming in a variety of breathtaking areas, helped Wright create an unforgettable film.

Ronan, who earned an oscar nomination for her portrayal of Briony Tallis in Wright’s “Atonement,” delivers an equally impressive performance as Hanna, a 16-year-old girl whose been trained as an assassin by her father. Eric Bana, stars as Hanna’s dad, Erik Heller and Cate Blanchett plays his nemesis Marissa Wiegler.

After living in a small cabin with only her father, isolated from the modern world, Hanna decides she’s finally ready to complete the mission she’s been preparing for, killing Marissa Wiegler. Hanna underestimates Marissa’s intelligence and kills an imposter, leading to Hanna and Erik fighting Marissa and a couple of her minions for their lives.

Regardless of some of the flaws like, irritating techno music, and somewhat difficult to understand accents, “Hanna” remains a must see, that’ll find a fan in anyone who enjoys a fresh new twist on the usual tough guy blockbuster.