“Hop” is just for children

From minions to a British-speaking rabbit named E.B, creators of “Despicable Me” take a step back in creativity in producing the animation/live-action film “Hop.”

Voiced by Russell Brand, E.B. is next in line to become the Easter Bunny. Yet, he has a dream to become a rock drummer and not to control the Wonka-like candy factory on Easter Island ran by little yellow chicks in rollerblades listening to Ipods.

E.B. then twists the fate of destiny by escaping through a rabbit hole to end up in Hollywood where, the movie becomes live-action and he gets run over by Fred (James Marsden), a jobless slacker who believes he can become the Easter Bunny.

It does not take much guilt tripping from E.B. for Fred to let the big blue-eyed talking rabbit stay in the mansion he is house-sitting for someone he does not know.

While E.B. is gone, the villainous second-in-command, Spanish-accented chick Carlos (Hank Azaria) tries to steal Easter and of course, has no plans of putting candy in the Easter eggs.

The only unanticipated detail of this film was the soundtrack, which included several hip-hop songs that are constantly being played on the radio such as “Papa Americano” by Pitbull.

Like most animated children’s films, “Hop” is predictable from beginning to end with jokes as funny as a toddler would make up.

In other words, this movie is prefect for children in all aspects. Sorry parents just sit tight and expect to see children leaving the theatre hopping around or wanting Easter candy a month early.