The Lincoln Lawyer falls short to please viewers

Driving around LA in a black 1980’s Lincoln Sedan, defending criminals, and living with the guilt of letting felons back into society seems effortless for criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller.

If you don’t mind an overdone story line with sometimes confusing scenes, but enjoy riveting performances by deceitful characters then you’ll find entertainment in “The Lincoln Lawyer.”

Based on Michael Connelly’s best selling novel of the same name, “The Lincoln Lawyer directed by Brad Furman, is an America legal drama with no originality of its own. Instead Furman left me recalling an episode of “The Good Wife,” he did however manage to put together a great cast and enough plot twists to keep the audience enthralled to the end.

Staring Matthew McConaughey in his first dramatic role since 2006’s “We Are Marshall,” Ryan Phillippe, and award winners Marisa Tomei and William H. Macy, make for a great ensemble with noteworthy performances.

McConaughey delivers an impressive performance, as clever Defense Attorney Mickey Haller who’s hired by Phillippe’s character, Louis Roulet, to defend him for a crime he claims to not have committed. Tomei plays Margaret McPherson, McConaughey’s ex wife and Macy stars as Frank Levin, McConaughey’s investigator for Roulet’s case.

Things start of a little dull but begin to get far more interesting when Roulet’s hidden intentions become clear.

Even with a few surprises, and the cast’s memorable performances, “The Lincoln Lawyer” seemed oddly familiar and failed to bring anything new to this court room drama.

Despite it being predictable, it was a decent movie overall, definitely worth a watch for those into, fast paced dramas about lawbreaking and the justice system.