“Sucker Punch” showcases more than just action

Bullets rain over the dark city as a blonde female in a glittery ensemble flies out of a helicopter and pounces hard onto the concrete. Pulling out a sword from her back pocket, she swings it in slow motion, slicing every warfare soldier that comes her way in half.

“Sucker Punch” is the ultimate girl power movie, with characters; Babydoll, Rocket, Blondie, Sweet Pea and Amber battling evil forces all while in six-inch stilettos.

Directed by Zack Snyder who directed “Watchmen” and “300”, doesn’t fail to bring forth another action fantasy packed movie to theaters.

Institutionalized by her step-father at the Lennox House mental hospital, Babydoll becomes a hot commodity for Blue; the owner of the place, making her fight for survival limited.

Alongside Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, and Jena Malone fight to be freed from the Lennox House collecting important items throughout the movie to aid in their freedom.

“Sin City” and “Watchmen” vixen, Carla Gugino also stars in this film, playing Dr. Vera Groski, the dance instructor that helps the women liberate themselves of what holds them prisoners.

Although this movie was action packed and kept viewers entertained from beginning to end, it was a bit confusing. It was hard to distinguish what was reality from imagination, similar to the confusion in the movie “Inception”. Another thing this movie could of used was the 3D effect, with its amazing and visual graphics, audiences could of fully enjoyed the action scenes.

The movie’s style was comparable to “Watchmen” however, the movies plot was original and creative, keeping the audience enthralled to the very end with its unpredicted twist and turns.

If you are in the mood for a good fantasy movie, make sure to put “Sucker Punch” on your must watch movie list as it has everything a fantasy action movie should have, including a great soundtrack.