On The Scene

Film festival comes to the Armstrong Theatre

The third annual South Bay Film Festival will be held at the James Armstrong Theatre in Torrance today. Ten films will be showcased with a $300 grand prize. There will be three judges, including Stuart Rosen, a 10-time Emmy Award winning director/producer. The event is free and begins at 7 p.m. For further information, interested people may visit www.southbayfilms.com. or call 323-308-7964.

Oleta Adams performs at Marsee Auditorium

Grammy-nominated singer, pianist and songwriter Oleta Adams will be performing at the Marsee Auditorium Saturday. She’ll be performing tracks from her latest album “Let’s Stay Here.” The show begins at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $24. For further information, interested people may visit www.centerforthearts.org or call 800-832-ARTS.

Redondo hosts student Bollywood concert

Come and see Ek Do Teen, a student Bollywood dance concert on Saturday. The show features artists from the Nakul Dev Mahajan Dance Studio in Hollywood. Show starts at 2 p.m. at the Performing Arts Center in Redondo Beach. For further information, interested people may visit www.ndmdance.com or call 562-402-7761.

See what the Artic has to offer at the Marsee

See what the cold side of the world has to offer in the film “An Arctic Adventure.” The film beings at 3 and 7:30 p.m. at the Marsee Auditorium Sunday. Tickets cost $6. For further information, interested people may visit www.centerforthearts.org or call 800-832-ARTS.