On the Scene

Torrance celebrates Halloween with faire

Downtown Torrance will be filled with pumpkin carving, games and activities, live music and much more, today from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The first Almost Great Pumpkin Street Faire will be an event celebrating downtown Torrance and Halloween. Free parking and admission. For further information call 310-787-7501.

Opera singer performs live on campus stage

The Phantom of the Opera’s Franc D’Ambrosio will be singing at the Marsee Auditorium tomorrow at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $18. For further information call 1-800-832-ARTS or visit www.centerforthearts.org.

Middle Eastern Dance at Marsee Auditorium

Enjoy an evening of Middle Eastern dancing, Saturday at 8 p.m. at the Marsee Auditorium. Along with guest artists, Karin Lynge Jensen will be featured in dances including mandala, sashi and devilla. Tickets cost $15. For further information visit www.centerforthearts.com or call 310-329-5345.

Chorale Club hosts TV Tune’s benefit show

Presenting “TV Tunes,” the Chorale Club will host a benefit variety show Saturday in the Robert Haag Recital Hall. The concert will begin at 8 p.m. and tickets cost $10. For further information, interested persons may visit www.centerforthearts.com or call 310-660-3593.

Golden State Pops at Warner Grand Theatre

Guest composer Stu Phillips will be present at the Golden State Pops Orchestra Saturday at 8 p.m at the Warner Grand Theatre in San Pedro. The concert is comprised of his compositions from “Battlestar Gallactica,” “Knight Rider” and his Piano Concerto No. 1. Attendees are encouraged to wear their best Halloween costume for the annual best-dressed contest. Ticket costs vary from $15 to $35. For further information visit www.warnergrand.org or call 310-833-8333.

San Perdro celebrates Dia de los Meurtos

Construct, paint, design or scuplt a project for Dia de los Muertos at the San Pedro Arts Association Gallery Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Projects will be displayed in storefronts around downtown San Pedro on Halloween. Materials are provided for a $10 fee. For further information visit www.sanpedroarts.org or call 310-831-2928.

European rivers are a must-see at the Marsee

Including trade routes and vacation passages, the waterways of Europe have been used for more than 2,000 years. Showing at the Marsee Auditorium is the film, “Cruising Europe’s Great Rivers,” Monday at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $7 and $6 for students with ID. For further information vist www.centerforthearts.com or call 310-329-5345.

Guitar workshop at Haag Recital Hall

USC professor of Music Frank Potenza will provide a guitar workshop Monday at 7 p.m. in the Robert Haag Recital Hall. The USC guitar ensembles will also be featured at the free event. For further information, interested persons may visit www.centerforthearts.com or call 310-660-3593.