Twinkies prevail over Zombies

In Zombieland there are only two lifestyle choices, get eaten or the alternative nut up or shut up. Zombieland is a comedic mix between “Superbad” and “Shaun of the Dead”.

The movie follows Columbus who is played by Jesse Eisenberg and his quest to stay alive in a Zombie ruled world. Eisenberg plays the loner geek much like Michael Cera in “Superbad”.

Columbus has a list of rules to survive in Zombieland much like the list of rules in “Wedding Crashers”. For example, Cardio prevails because fat people can’t out run zombies.

“Don’t be afraid to use your ammunition, that lady should of, would have, could have, saved herself. Rule number 4 – Double Tap,” Columbus said.

Columbus walks around until he is met by Woody Harrelson’s character, Tallahassee. The characters are named after where they come from. Tallahassee is a contrast to Columbus as he finds pure joy out of killing zombies.

Tallahassee is like Rambo with some John McClane sprinkled on top with his boastful comments and shooting technique.

“I’m not easy to get along with, but I’m sensing you’re a bit of a bitch,” Tallahassee said.

As Columbus and Tallahassee get acquainted with each other they find a Hostess truck for which they explore because Tallahassee wants a Twinkie, but to his dismay it full of Sno-Balls.

The looming quest to find the last Twinkie on earth begins for Tallahassee because even Twinkies have expiration dates.

They then find a supermarket, which they only go into because Tallahassee wants to eat a Twinkie and kills three fat zombies with nothing other than a banjo, hedge trimmers and a baseball bat.

The tag team would then come across sisters Wichita and Little Rock who are played by Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin.

The gang heads to California for some zombie free land and they pick up a stars map to find a nice place to stay and out of all the super stars they pick Bill Murray’s house.

After some fort making, more dead bodies and some G-rated canoodling the girls head off to the “zombie free” Pacific Playland without the boys only to learn that once you turn on every ride and light on that zombies will come.

Columbus wants to go after Wichita and Tallahassee won’t let him go alone so it leaves a battle royal at Pacific Playland.

The movie was very well scripted and cast. It has the best of both worlds, it has the horror aspect, but it throws in the comedy too. The movie never gets too scary and always seems to make everything light much like “Shaun of the Dead”.

There are some twists and turns and the movie keeps you on your feet. Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenburg steal the movie with their brilliant acting and one-liners.

It is jam packed with blood and ESPN top 10 zombie kills. Some of the zombie kills should be on Youtube they are that funny.

If you liked “Superbad” or “Shaun of the Dead” then this is a must see for you. The movie was definitely worth the nine dollars.

The critics love it and the fans love it and it is not one of those movies where the whole
    Movie is in the trailer.

I rated this movie an A for A must see.