Megan Fox takes a bite out of the box office numbers

In a quaint little town of Devils Kettle, Minnesota one high school student gets more than she bargains for. The transformation from a popular cheerleader to a boy-eating-demon is only one catastrophe in the film, “Jennifers Body.”

Starring Megan Fox as Jennifer Check, she plays the hottest girl in town yet miraculously keeps her childhood, geek best friend Needy Lesnicky, played by Amanda Seyfried. Although it seems unlikely Jennifer would not have a group of pretty girls following her every step, “sandbox love” is forever.

The girls’ lives change when Jennifer drags Needy to the only bar in town “Melody Lane” so they can see the band Low Shoulder, which Jennifer thinks the singer is “extra salty.” Lo and behold, the sexy indie band are satan worshippers, set the bar on fire and easily persuade shocked Jennifer into their van.

Not living in a highly populated town, everyone knows each other and are glum over the loss of the bar and their friends with it. That is, everyone except possessed Jennifer.

From this point on, Jennifer has a demon living inside her that is only sufficed by eating human. Predictable enough, she easily seduces any boy with her low cut, midriff revealing shirt that only she seems to wear. Eating her way through different cliques, she wants more.

Not looking her usual best, Jennifer is “hungry” and will go to great lengths to get what her body needs. After almost eating her “biff”, having a juvenile girl on girl make out scene, Jennifer is out looking to eat Needy’s boyfriend.

All the while clever Needy finds out how the boys are being killed and has to find a way to save her boyfriend. She also has to become the heroine and save the quaint town that no one else can, which means killing her lifelong best friend.

Men are provided with half naked shots and sexy said lines by Megan Fox throughout the film. Reaching out to male viewers there is the make out scene, for no reason more than visual attractiveness, that reveals as much as the previews.

Women, if not for the skin scenes, can enjoy the humor used profusely. Jennifer and Needy call each other “Monistat” and “Vagisil” while saying boys give her “wetties.” The strange use of teen language is used more than enough times for an extra laugh.

Someone in this movie could not be just a “zombie” but a “zombie mannequin robot statue.”

Although this movie has murder, gore and a couple suspenseful scenes it is tough to classify it under one broad topic. It had the classic high school cliques like a teen movie with murder thrown in the mix.

The film is neither edgy nor witty but it is a horror-comedy that had its startling and laugh out loud moments. Megan Fox easily played the teen hottie while Amanda Seyfried played the loyal sidekick always running into sinister encounters.

“I thought you only murdered boys.” Needy said. ” I go both ways,” Jennifer said.