On the Scene

View a scary version of film, “Blood River”
    The EC African American Student Society and Taylor/Reid Entertainment present the film “Blood River” Friday in the Marsee at 7 p.m.. Tickets are $10. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345 for more information.

Enjoy an evening of EC dance performances
    The EC Center for the Arts presents the Fall Dance Concert, “Legacy: 17 years of light design by Miriam Alario,” Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m. and Monday at 3 p.m. in the Campus Theatre. Tickets are $12. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345 for more information.

Dance Band to Perform in Haag Recital Hall
    A rousing evening of jazzy dance tunes will be presented by local musicians and director Kurt Festinger in the Haag Recital Hall Dec. 1 at 8 p.m.. Tickets are $8. Interested persons may call (310) 322-5345 for more information.

Celebrate an Irish Christmas in style
    Riverdance stars Darrren Maguire and Maeve Croke lead the dance, storytelling, laughter and plenty of Irish soul on this joyful night. This family-oriented event will take place Friday, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m. in the Marsee Auditorium. The line-up will also include Laura Turner, Andrea Willoughby, Patrick D’Arcy, John McKenna and many more. Ticket prices are $36 and children under 12 are $18. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345.

EC Community Choir to present holiday cheer
    A holiday production, “Sounds of the Season,” will be presented by conductor, Leslie W. Back, Saturday, Dec. 6 at 8 p.m. in the Campus Theatre. Tickets are $8. Interested persons may contact (310) 329-5345 for more information.

South Bay Children’s Choir to sing in Marsee
    The South Bay Children’s Choir, directed by Diane Simons, presents “Holidays in Harmony,” Sunday, Dec. 7 at 4 p.m. in the Marsee Auditorium. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345 for more information.

ECC Women’s Choir to perform on campus
    Artistic director Joanna Nachef presents a performance by the ECC Women’s Choir Sunday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. in the Campus Theatre. Tickets are $8. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345 for more information.

Enjoy “A Peace-Filled Christmas” concert
    Director Joanna Nachef will present “A Peace-Filled Christmas,” accompanied by Kenner Bailey, pianist, Saturday, Dec. 13 at 8 p.m. in the Campus Theatre. Tickets are $8. Interested persons may call (800) 832-ARTS for more information.

See a performance of “The Nutcracker”
    A unique presentation of the classic “Nutcracker Suite” by the South Bay Ballet and director Daine Lauridsen will delight! Clara is shown as a young girl who dreams of becoming a ballerina. It is a new conception; ballet about ballet and the passion to dance playing at the Marsee Auditorium Dec. 20 and 21 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $28. Interested persons may call (310) 329-5345 for more information.