De Niro, Pacino shine in ‘Righteous Kill’

In a movie that brings together possibly two of the greatest actors of all time, “Righteous Kill” does an amazing job of keeping the viewer aware of what is happening.

Directed by Jon Avnet, “Righteous Kill” stars Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, who both play the role of detectives in New York City’s police department. Pacino plays the role of Tom Cowan, and De Niro plays David Fisk, who become entangled in a manhunt for a serial killer who leaves poems after killing the victims at the place of death.

Co-starring John Leguizamo as Detective Perez and Donnie Wahlberg as Detective Riley, “Righteous Kill” keeps the viewer wondering who the true killer is, as the plot continues to twist throughout the movie.

As detectives, De Niro and Pacino are partners who are doing everything they must to put the serial killer behind bars, while trying to deal with the everyday issues of being a police detective. When Leguizamo and Wahlberg are introduced in the movie, the four detectives join forces, hoping that they can solve the mystery together, but Leguizamo and De Niro’s characters do not see eye to eye after Leguizamo believes that the serial killer is a police officer.

When the killer is finally revealed, it is a twist that is not expected. Avnet makes sure the viewer is aware of the happenings throughout the movie, as each scene plays an important role in the conclusion of the movie.

Pacino and De Niro, who starred in “Heat” and “The Godfather Saga” together, do an amazing job working together throughout the movie.

“Righteous Kill” is rated R for violence, strong language and some sexual scenes, runs 101 minutes and stars ’50 Cent’ as Marcus “Spider” Smith, Brian Dennehy as Lieutenant Hingus and Carla Cugino as police detective Karen Corelli.