On the Scene

Become part of the Alaskan experiance
    Marsee Auditorium is showing a series of documentary films. John Holod will premier “Gulf Coast RV Adventure: Still Wild & Beautiful” Monday from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
    The film captures his experiences traveling around Alaska on his motorcyle.
    For the full series, tickets for general admission are $96; half-series tickets are $48, and a single showing is $6.
    Interested persons may call 1-(800) 832-ARTS.

Knitting event is open to all teens everywhere
    Wednesday at 6 pm, Torrance Public Library teen knitters are invited to be a part of Knit Girls ‘n Guys knitting event.
    Teen knitters of all levels are welcome to join the event.
    Refreshments and supplies will be provided.
    Participants are required to register if interested .For more information, call (310) 530-5044.

Learn about local bird life on a Wetlands tour
    Come and watch some of nature’s most complex animals and learn about their natural habitats at the Ballona Wetlands.
    Watch birds as they flock together and fly over Redondo Beach as part of the “The Ballona Wetlands Freshwater Marsh Nature Tour” March 8 and 22 in the park.
    The tour is from 10a.m. to 11a.m. Interested persons should park on the south side of Jefferson Boulevard alongside the marsh, west of Lincoln and meet there at the freshwater marsh sign.
    Call (310) 548-7562 or visit www.ballonafriends.org for additional information.

McCarthy tells stories about Black History
    In a celebration of Black History month, the public is invited to listen to the stories of storyteller Michael D. McCarthy Friday, Feb. 29, at the Katy Geissert Civic Center Library in Torrance at 4 p.m.
    Listen to tales about Black History and memories of the past.
    This event is recommended for ages 5 and up.
    For further inquiries, call (310) 618-5964.

Experience a fish’s life at Cabrillo Aquarium
    “Meet the Grunion” is a series of seasonal programs exploring mating rituals of grunions.
    The programs will be March 9 and 24 from 10:15 p.m to 12:15 a.m. at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, 3720 Stephen M. White Drive, San Pedro, CA. 90731.
    Tickets are $5 for adults and $1 for seniors.
    For more information about this event interested persons may visit the website at www.cabrilloaq.org.

Symphony Orchestra brings Marsee to life
    Dane Teter will direct the Symphony Orchestra in an array of classical selctions March 1 at 8 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium.
    Tickets cost $8. One may call the Center for the Arts at ( 800) 832-ARTS for help.

Ticket bulletin
    For more information on any of the campus events listed, interested persons may call (310) 329-5345.