Rising Star: Brandon Ferruccio

Brandon Ferruccio, 21, theater major, enjoys being onstage and experiencing the thrill of becoming someone else.

“The best part of acting is becoming the character; it’s fulfilling, so exciting,” he said.

Ferruccio has been in the college theater program for three years, has some studio training for commercials in Santa Monica and appeared in numerous plays in high school

“The moment you give a bow, it’s very fulfilling.”

He also did the student one-acts and directed “Your Life is a Featured Film.”

If he had the chance, he would also enjoy having a chance to direct “The Clumsy Custard Horror Show.”

“I’m in love with the director’s chair,” Ferrucio said.

He gets support from his parents and brother, but the one person who inspires him most is himself.

“I was never a shy kid; always wanted attention but I was always a good kid,” he said.

He stumbled upon acting because “I tried all sorts of sports, but nothing really excited me than being on stage.”

He actually has two roles in the upcoming Shakespeare play “The Comedy of Errors” as a first merchant and Angelo, a goldsmith who doesn’t get the money he’s waiting for. But he’s not clueless to Shakespeare plays. One of his first plays was “Romeo and Juliet.”

“I was Romeo in high school; it was an awesome experience,” he said.

In rehearsals, actors are “polishing our actions, vocabulary to be strong, text is important thing and building relationships with each other,” he said.

He’s also inspired by the different people involved in the show such as set designers, costume designers, actors and the director.

His favorite kinds of characters to play are villains.

He played at least three villains in his high school plays.

“Villains are always fun to play,” he said.

Even though he likes playing villains, it’s not fulfilling-.

His old high school director “Uncle Master” taught him not to fear change.

He wants to branch out and play as many different characters as possible.

In the future he doesn’t want to be overlooked for those realistic great roles other than villains.

“Don’t ever be afraid to change yourself,” he said.

As for how people see Ferrucio, he said, “People see me as a fun kind of person.

Ferrucio said he doesn’t mind being in the theater for his whole life.

What’s important is how it makes him feel emotionally being onstage, in front of the crowd, being someone who takes a lot of work and dedication, which makes him happy.

He advises those who wants to make it to the industry to constantly go to auditions, even though you feel like you’re not going to get the part.

“If it’s something you always wanted to do go for it,” he said.